Health & Safety Coordinator
Would you like to join a company that puts health and safety 'first and all the time? Are you interested in working in a multi-site distribution environment where your goal is to continue to drive a proactive health and safety culture? If so, read on…
The role will assist and support the Health and Safety Manager in providing advice on policy, practices and regulations to ensure compliance with the law and delivery of the company's Health and Safety strategy.
You will focus on continual improvement of H&S and promoting behavioural safety practices.
The successful candidate will be a competent health and safety professional who is a reliable source of advice and guidance.
Key deliverables include
- Assisting in all health and safety processes, policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance.
- Plan, attend and conduct H&S audits
- Compiling reports on health and safety performance, constructing graphs, and interpreting trends.
- Engaging with and supporting managers to deliver their site objectives and programmes
- Supporting & coaching stakeholders in identification and control of risk
- Planning and delivering health and safety training across the business
- Supporting investigations of all UK & Ireland accidents and near misses
- Promoting and implementing engaging initiatives to increase awareness of behavioural safety
- Collaborate with companies' insurers and brokers to insure timely and effective processing EL claims.
Health & Safety | H&S | Health and Safety Advisor | NEBOSH | Health & safety Coordinator
Skills and experience required
- Minimum NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Good communication skills at a range of levels (written and verbal).
- Competent in use of Microsoft packages, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working Knowledge of Safety Management System OHSAS18001/ ISO45001
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety Law, Health and Safety Policies / Procedures / acknowledged best practice.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Operational Logistics working practices
We're one of the UK's leading suppliers of papers, communication and packaging materials into the print, visual communications, office and publishing markets.
You probably, touch, use and see our products every day, what you don't see is the innovation, expertise and dedication that gets them there.
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative company who puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.