Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
Newcombe Lodge (formerly part of Partnerships in Care) consists of a six-bedroomed home and two independent living flats, providing specialist residential care and treatment for up to eight young women aged 13-21 with a history of self-injurious and other risk-taking behaviours.
We are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Support Workers to support our qualified staff with the delivery of care to our Children and Young people. You will be involved in the care of Children and young people and meeting the psychological needs of this diverse group with varying degrees of mental health, attachment and trauma and self-injurious behaviour. You will be caring and attentive with the skills to build strong and trusting relationships with Children and young people. It is also important that you work well in a team as you will work alongside qualified staff from other professions.
1. Contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning, social and independence activities and experiences, which enhance the learning and development of Children and Young People.
2. Manages the well-being and behaviour of Children and Young People ensuring any significant behavioural or physical occurrences are promptly addressed and reported, referring to a senior member of staff as appropriate.
3. Assists senior staff with the compilation of care and learning plans. Prepares incident and other reports and updates daily records and logs as required.
4. Maintains professional relationships whilst developing a good rapport with Children and Young People, colleagues, visitors and other stakeholders.
5. Through own professional behaviour, including adhering to policies and procedures, contributes to the maintenance of safety, security and confidentiality standards.
6. To engage in activities with the Children and Young people which includes but is not limited to, Cinema, Horse Riding, supporting at college, going for walks etc.
What we’d like from you:
A strong sense of responsibilityReliable & trustworthyWillingness to learnEffective communication skillsFlexibility and strong “can do” attitudeQuality orientations
A competitive salaryDisclosure check cost coverageComprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training25 days annual leave plus bank holidaysBirthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leaveOnline benefits and cashback rewardsCycle to work schemeSMART Childcare VouchersSMART Pension option