Principal Supportability Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a world renowned defence company to join the Supportability Department in either their Bristol or Hertfordshire sites.
- Tasked with managing small to medium sized work packages on behalf of the project ILS Manager.
- Have a focus within the project for progressing design for support objectives, to include development of supportability requirements and the exploitation of new and existing technologies to facilitate through life support.
- Liaising with multiple teams and departments to ensure optimum supportability and through life support.
What's in it for you?
- An excellent opportunity to develop Supportability Engineering best practices in a world leading organisation, known for their training and progression from within.
- An opportunity to influence the design of state of the art tech and ensuring that it is fully supportable whilst in service.
- There will be an opportunity for international travel, mostly to Europe.
- Potential to further develop your career in several areas including ILS Management, Product Support Management, and Support Engineering.
Skills/Qualifications and Knowledge
- We are looking for a self-motivated team player who has a willing and helpful attitude, and a calm professional manner when working in a dynamic design environment.
- You must be an experienced engineer with a track record in the application of Supportability Engineering techniques such as level of repair analysis, reliability centred maintenance, task analysis, life cycle cost analysis.
- You must have a sound knowledge of ILS standards such as Def Stan 00-600 or ASD S3000L
- You must be able to work to challenging timescales and have a proven track record of doing so
- We want you to have strong interpersonal and highly developed verbal and written communication skills for interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- You must be willing to travel occasionally within the UK and possibly overseas.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working, paid overtime
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- Opportunity to work for a company known for their training and progression
- And many more 'employee funded' benefits (healthcare, cycle to work scheme etc.)
If you are interested please apply and I will be in touch to discuss, alternatively please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 01179 308 505.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for these positions, if you have not been contacted in 5 working days please assume that unfortunately your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement