Head of Cases
A Head of Cases permanent job in Brighton for £85K
Your new company
The Pensions Regulator (TPR) in Brighton, East Sussex, has asked Hays to shortlist suitable candidates for consideration for interview for a new permanent job as the Head of Cases.
TPR is responsible for protecting workplace pensions in the UK, working with employers and those running pensions to help people save safely for their retirement.
Your new role
TPR are looking for an individual to lead and be accountable for the cases function that delivers appropriate enforcement action(s) where breaches have been identified. The role-holder will also actively conduct the highest profile and most complex cases including building external relationships with highest profile/riskiest cases and leading on some cases
What you'll need to succeed
The requirements of the role will be to:
- Ensure delivery of robust, high quality enforcement on cases for TPR including taking strategic decisions on high profile/particularly contentious/ novel/ complex areas
- Manage the portfolio of all ongoing cases to ensure they are progressed as efficiently as possible, are adequately resourced and have clear success factors
- Actively conduct the highest profile and most complex cases, as well as being the point of escalation of all cases
- Have strong external relationships with highest profile/riskiest cases in particular with targets and their advisors, as well as key internal stakeholders
- Ensure members of the function are suitably skilled to undertake case work in all areas including regulatory, civil and criminal work
- Develop and deliver operational plans to manage resourcing within the area including delivering regular MI reporting against targets, meeting budget and management of performance
- Team successful in delivering to KPIs while identifying and reacting to risks appropriately
Essential and Desirable criteria
- Extensive experience of leading complex regulatory, civil and criminal cases, at least to the court of appeal.
- Extensive experience of using a broad range of tools to achieve a positive regulatory outcome in complex/high profile cases, including settlement and powers, including experience of using risk mitigation strategies and techniques
- Advanced negotiation skills with demonstrable experience of negotiation and influencing at a senior level in a commercial, legal or regulatory environment
- Leadership experience of leading through change, fostering cultural change, embedding a continuous improvement culture and developing a high performing team
- Experience of working under pressure and managing external public scrutiny
- Operational management of people and process including managing a team of professionals, and ensuring functional issues and interests are addressed throughout the broader organisation
- Awareness of relevant aspects of investigation techniques and legal requirements
What you'll get in return
As well as a salary of £85,000, TPR offer a Civil Service Pension scheme, which is recognised as some of the best in the pensions world, and the chance to build up flexi days (up to 2 days per month for the additional equivalent hours worked) to supplement your 25 days annual leave. It is therefore realistic to anticipate as many as 57 days combination of annual leave, bank holidays and flexi days per annum.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.