Clinical Lead - Gatwick IRC
£43,482.60 per annum
Full Time - 40 hours per week
Recruitment fair to be held on 31/01/2019 at Arora Hotel
Do you want an exciting, fast paced diverse place to work? If that is what you are looking for, then come to Gatwick IRC’s! You will never complain of being bored as no day is the same and every day you will learn something new. Gatwick PDA and Borders is the only facility in the UK which makes us unique. If you are looking for a new job or to further your career apply now before it is too late!
Gatwick IRC’s Gatwick PDA and Borders is over two sites. IRC is an Immigration Removal Centre located on the outskirts of Gatwick Airport. Brook House IRC holds up to 486 men over the age of 18, in shared rooms over 4 wings and Eden Wing. Tinsley House IRC holds up to 162 men over the age of 18, in shared rooms over two floors. Gatwick PDA and Borders is located inside Tinsley but kept separate from the men. Gatwick PDA hold up to two pre planned families. Border families can arrive without pre warning, holds up to one family. Tinsley IRC was recently refurbished in 2016/17 and Gatwick PDA and Borders is immaculate with well-kept outside gardens and play facilities for children.
At Gatwick we provide primary care in a range of clinics, which include but is not limited to; Dressings, Venepuncture, Nurse Triage, Smoking Cessation, Chronic Disease clinics and Sleep Hygiene Techniques. We run drop in clinics every day and also have a booking appointment system. We have doctors attend site each day and on call facilities, if needed. We have a visiting psychiatrist once a week, dentist fortnightly and optician monthly. We do not have any inpatient beds, therefore patients who need emergency care will be sent out to hospital or transferred to a centre that has those facilities. The needs of the men range from Physical / Social Care to Mental Health conditions. Gatwick IRC’s also has a dedicated Forward Team (Drug Alcohol Recovery) who mainly work at Brook House and visit Tinsley once a week. We also administer medication up to 4 times a day at both sites; at Brook House only this includes Controlled Drugs (CD’s) and Opiate Substitution Treatment (OST).
We are a team with experience in a variety of specialties from General, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health & Pharmacy Technician. Our dedicated team encourage nurses to develop and improve specific specialist roles e.g. Diabetes / Health promotion / Blood Pressure.
At Gatwick IRC we are close to the M25 for easy access. We have a free staff car park at both sites and free canteen lunch at Tinsley.
To pro-actively lead and manage a clinical team which provides the highest levels of holistic primary care within a secure environment. Ensuring professional, contractual and company requirements are delivered consistently at all times.
- Coordinate care pathways, liaising between the primary and secondary services.
- Carry out assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- Facilitate the provision of health and social care to offenders to ensure the highest professional service is delivered at all times in line with contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Implements a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Facilitates effective communication between staff of all disciplines.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Ensure relevant documentation is completed by all staff in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all staff understand and operate in accordance with the NMC Code Conduct and G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice at all times.
- Control and coordinate effective operational management of the clinical team.
- Management supervision of senior nursing staff.
- Carry out bi annual Employee Development Reviews (EDR) for the clinical team.
- Lead on the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Ensure the process of clinical supervision is supported within the workplace.
- Coach and supports staff to deliver continuous improvement on an individual basis and as part of a team delivering the highest standards of service at all times.
- Motivates all staff encouraging ideas for operational improvements, supporting innovation and training within healthcare services.
- Ensures all staff understand company policies and procedures, deliver contractual obligations, quality audits and compliance to areas of responsibilities
- Champions equality operating within the equality and diversity framework ensuring all staff receive equal treatment at all times
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with legislation and current best practice.
- Champions G4S Company values, ensuring ethical and professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Build positive relationships with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate healthcare service.
- Participate in quarterly Partnership Board meetings (comprising customer / key stakeholders in the healthcare service), producing and presenting appropriate agreed reports.
- Monitor and evaluate management information and key performance indicators to drive service delivery improvements.
- Leads business change in a positive manner
- Working with the health and safety team to assist in completion of nationally recognized audits. Ensuring actions are taken to address any identified issues.
- Seeks feedback and invests time in own development.
- Carry out investigations and disciplinary hearing as required with your Line Manager.
- Carry out any reasonable request from your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- CQC registered Manager
- Experience of leading and working within a team
- Evidence of managerial experience
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to analyse and interpret management information
- Manage challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Evidence of delivering a ‘value for money’ service.
- Recent NHS Experience
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Experience of leading a project on innovation or change
- Experience of leading on an area of training or development.
- Familiarity with recruitment and selection of staff
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
- Driving Licence.
“As part of the recruitment process it is a requirement to complete a telephone interview and if shortlisted you will be interviewed onsite”
“If you are interested in this post please apply or send your CV to Jacintha.Dix@uk.g4s.com”
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 5 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 10 years and must hold an indefinite leave visa as part of the security screening process for this role.