My client based in Darlington with a well established and professional accountancy firm are looking to appoint a new Tax Manager from April 2019.
Overseeing the running of a small tax team you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation and submission of company tax returns.
- Review of higher level tax review considerations, such as research and development claims, patent box, etc.
- Consideration and advising upon the tax implications on ad-hoc assignments, such as group reconstructions, business combinations and inter-entity transfers.
- Pro-active consideration and suggestions for tax planning opportunities on review of client papers.
- Monitoring of deadlines within the taxation department to ensure that all submissions are made within statutory time frames.
- Preparation and submission of personal self-assessment tax returns.
- Preparation and submission of P11D forms.
- Training and assistance of more junior staff members, together with review of their work.
We are looking for someone with considerable experience working in tax and preferably with their ATT and CTA qualifications. Knowledge of trust taxation would be an advantage but not essential for the role.