Change someone's outlook today!
Apply today and join a rewarding care team.
Newcross Healthcare is looking for experienced
Care Assistants to provide excellent care and support to our service users in Abingdon, Shippon, Chilton, Reading
and the surrounding local area. Earn up to £12.68/hr and make the most of our flexible work rotas and Flexi Pay, allowing you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of worked shifts!
The Care Role
In this role, you'll assist elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living. You'll provide support and companionship to clients and help clients handle day-to-day self-care.
Are you looking for an occasional challenge, have a caring disposition and want to make a real difference? Then this could be the role for you.
- Salary of up to £12.68/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexi Pay- choose when you want to be paid. Submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift within a matter of hours.
At Newcross, we're flexible.
Choose to work full or part time, across a wide variety of long days/nights and weekend shifts that suit you and your lifestyle.
We also offer excellent training so you can broaden your skill set! Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
What you'll need to succeed
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your local team is located in the largest town in Berkshire, Reading on the first floor in Enterprise House on 95 London Street.
We are just down the road from the Royal Berkshire Hospital; built in the nineteenth century as a result of injuries sustained building the Great Western Railway, which luckily enough is only a 13-minute walk away.
Reading has the longest railway viaduct in the UK
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.