Working with a Group in the utility sector with a strong focus on customer service. The role will include assisting with preparation of Management Accounts and providing insightful commentary along with working with the wider finance team.
- A joint venture between two companies both with over 25 years experience in their industry, they offer a wide range of relevant services and they are committed to delivering a simple and effective billing process with a strong focus on their customers.
- They are highly rated by their customers with 96% satisfaction with staff service.
- Ensure accurate and timely period end, quarterly & annual submissions and reporting activities, including appropriate and insightful commentary.
- Prepare accurate and timely cash flow forecasts to support the business management of working capital
- Ensure robust reconciliation of bank accounts across all subsidiaries and work closely with wider finance team & Group treasury to facilitate appropriate cash management.
- Ensure timely payment and accurate completion of financial settlement process, including reconciliation and payment of wholesale charge and billed revenue
- Monthly variance analysis to highlight areas of focus/concern
- Work closely with cost centre managers to understand costs and provide insightful commentary on drivers
- Assist with the production of monthly accruals/prepayments/manual journals
- Ad hoc analysis as required
- The successful candidate will have good experience of producing management accounts and will have the ability to pull together ad hoc analysis using wide variety of data sources.
- A good lateral thinker with a strong customer service focus and the ability to build effective working relationships with employees and internal stakeholders.
- Motivated to learn and understand the business while providing excellent customer service and reliable as a Management Accountant with a high level of integrity who is able to challenge decisions and provide insightful feedback.
A great opportunity to develop your skills as a Management Accountant and aspects of Finance Business Partnering, with a competitive salary and a chance to experience working with a Group working across the South East.