We are looking for an interventions assistant to join our highly supportive team at Harris Primary Academy Purley Way.
The salary stated will be adjusted pro rata based on a term-time only contract. We are happy to consider applications from full- and part-time candidates for this role.
Your role will include:
- Supporting children with their learning and development during lessons or freeflow activities as directed by the class teacher.
- Assessing and recording children's attainment and progress in interventions.
- Leading small group sessions and interventions according to teachers' planning.
- Ensuring all students identified for support are given every opportunity to access the curriculum
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Primary Academy Purley Way, in one of our other 46 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for someone with:
- The ability to interest, encourage, motivate and engage children.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience of working with and supporting children.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Purley Way
Harris Primary Academy Purley Way opened in 2016 with its first cohort of Reception children and their families, and now educates children from Reception to Year 2. Since 2017, the academy has been based in purpose built, three storey building, with state of the art technology and resources and facilities to support the school on its journey to Outstanding. Harris Primary Academy Purley Way will grow year on year to provide classes from Reception to Year 6 and offer three forms of entry by 2022.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Purley Way?
- Superb facilities, including a well-equipped outdoor provision, as well as large indoor classrooms at a brand new, purpose built school.
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- A warm, friendly staff team and engaging, enthusiastic, well-behaved children
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We want every child in London to have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.