Financial Risk Manager
Our client is looking to hire a Financial Risk Manager to join their team in Cardiff on a Permanent basis.
- Providing oversight and assurance of the modelling, monitoring and reporting of financial risks as well as supporting the development of policies, procedures and risk appetites in the first line.
- Embedding a methodology for ongoing monitoring reviews, including planning, testing and reporting phases.
- Supporting the oversight, challenge and reporting of key financial risk exposures.
- Overseeing the timely and accurate reporting of risk events ensuring appropriate mitigating actions are developed.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of PRA, EBA & Basel developments around financial risk and communicating them to the business
- The ability to produce and present high-quality focused material for risk committees and to senior management is essential, along with strong communication and effective negotiation skills
- Effectively build and maintain collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels across the business and have the ability to challenge business stakeholders objectively
- A relevant professional qualification and working knowledge of accounting practices
- Have knowledge of financial risk methodologies, principles and internal controls preferably within financial service
- Appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as capital, liquidity, interest rate risk management, stress testing, auditing and finance
- Solid experience in financial risk management
- Knowledge of Basel III is required, and an understanding of Solvency II would be an advantage