Radiochemist - Radiochemistry experience not essential
Babcock are a FTSE-250 Defence & Engineering company responsible for a vast variety of supportive services globally. Currently we are recruiting within their marine division based in Rosyth and are interested in hearing from candidates with Chemistry or Science backgrounds to provide the radiochemistry analysis service to the Rosyth site to ensure compliance with the authorisations and registrations granted under the Radioactive Substances Act (RSA).
- Provide a competent and effective radio-chemistry analytical service to the Rosyth site and to external customers.
- Provide the intelligent customer capability for all stakeholder interactions relating to radiochemistry analysis and interpretation of results.
- Provide robust and traceable radio-chemical assay data for the radioactive waste disposal declarations made to SEPA
- Provide appropriate industry liaison with others in the Radio-chemistry profession both within and outside of the Babcock group
- Liaising with customers to ensure their requirements are met using the most appropriate and cost effective methods.
This position does not require a proven experience within Radiochemistry and we welcome applications from individuals with Science or Chemistry backgrounds looking to gain experience within this sector.
To find out more please apply to this ad.