Information Management Architect
Information Management Architect
Duration: 6 Months [initially]
EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY: Sopra Steria is currently recruiting for Information Management Architect to join a large and established team, tasked with enabling a large scale programme of work, delivering secure access to information and communication services for users across various locations in the UK and overseas, providing a configurable network that has a single sign-on.
The Information Management Architect is responsible for contributing to the design and development of the Information Management and Information Handling Model as part of the wider System Development.
Undertaking IM analysis and design tasks as directed by the Head of Design and Engineering Management Team via the Engineering Development Sprint as part of the integrated system development effort.
On client's instructions, due to the urgency, nature and length of the assignment, the successful candidate must have a current security clearance.
- Identify information flows, supporting mechanisms and the structure and handling of unstructured data accessed by users which originates external to their environment. Examples are Sharepoint documents, CHAT information and other non-transient unstructured data
- Identify and articulate data sources as well as structure and format, access mechanisms, volumetrics and security characteristics associated with these.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the systems, usage and roles associated with these information types in a military context.
- Work with the Engineering Design and Development teams to build the information management capability
- Understand the standards, frameworks and security requirements to be met by the system.
- Application and Information architecture, demonstrating solutions delivery, principles and use of relevant technologies in a Defence context, preferably in a deployed space.
- Document or Information management
- Writing technical requirements and producing detailed solution architectures.
- Creating suitable requirement sets, models and design artefacts
Recent experience in:
- Document Management or collaboration technologies such as Sharepoint or Chat, etc.
- A firm grasp of security principles and constraints around information access and usage within a UK Defence environment.
- Strong consultancy and end user engagement skills with diverse and adverse audiences - Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Military Information Services
- Mapping data objects to information entities that can define how information should flow and be consumed by military users.
- Support policies and procedures enforced by UK Defence standards and information governance to ensure best practices of data architecture including accountability, governance, and requirements.
- Information architecture including taxonomy and metadata design.
- Document and records management.
- Sharepoint solutions design.
- Archiving solutions design
On client's instructions, due to the urgency, nature and length of the assignment, the successful candidate must have current security clearance.
The post holder will work through Sopra Steria Recruitment for Sopra Steria, a European leader in digital transformation, providing one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings on the market: consulting, systems integration, software development, infrastructure management and business process services.
Should you choose to contact Sopra Steria Recruitment regarding this role or to apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.