Senior Support Worker Night
Papillon are looking to recruit enthusiastic, highly motivated Senior Support Workers for Nights, to join our team The Grove & The Court Yard, Middlesbrough. This is a fixed term contract for 12 months to cover Maternity Leave.
This role combines care and friendship to both resident and their families in order for them to retain their dignity individuality.
· Must have NVQ Level 3 or above in Health & Social Care.
· Knowledge of managing medication systems.
· Previous supervisory experience, to lead a small team of Support Worker
- To act as a role model for other support staff in respect of day to day activities with particular emphasis on attaining National Vocational Qualification in Health and Social Care.
- To educate and enable other care staff to practice skills under direct supervision until competent.
- To work at all times in ways which demonstrate an active understanding of the principles of the job as described above, and with appropriate guidance from senior staff.
- Answer Nurse call system promptly, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
- To facilitate in the admission of new residents.
- To support senior staff, where appropriate, to carry out their clinical responsibilities for residents.
- To assist qualified staff in the on-going assessment of residents, reporting any changes to the person in charge.
- To promote awareness and compliance with the operational policies and procedures of the Home.
- Be willing to apply for a DBS.
To work to promote a high level of effective communication between the care and the nursing team.
·To be helpful and courteous to residents and visitors at all times · To report all comments, compliments and complaints to the Nurse in Charge.
Pay - £8.83
Hours – 33.75 hours per week (Fixed Term 12 months)
- 20 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays 8 days)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Free Uniforms
- Pension Scheme