Papillon Specialist Services are looking to recruit enthusiastic, highly motivated Support Workers to join our team at The Grove/Courtyard, Middlesbrough, to cover days and nights.
This role combines care and friendship to both resident and their families in order for them to retain their dignity individuality
- To build up good relationships with residents under his/her direct care and to provide them with daily care to help them maintain and improve, where possible, their independence, individuality and mobility.
· To work at all times in ways which demonstrate an active understanding of the principles of the job as described above, and with appropriate guidance from senior staff.
· Answer Nurse call system promptly, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
· To ensure, at all times that information about individuals is treated with respect and confidentiality, when receiving information, sharing it, storing it and retrieving it.
- To assist residents to carry out their activities of daily living e.g. washing, dressing, eating and bathing.
- To provide residents with meals, adhering strenuously to Food Hygiene regulations.
- To provide beverages for residents and their visitors.
- To help residents choose from the menu.
- To assist residents with eating where needed as per their care plan.
- Report comments on food and requests for particular dishes to the Cook/Head Chef.
- To take care of the residents clothing, ensuring the correct collection, distribution and return of all laundered items.
- To carry out bed making and changing of linen.
- To keep the residents rooms tidy, safe and in line with the residents wishes.
· To participate in the programme of activities for residents
- To assist senior staff with the admission of new residents.
- To check the duty rota and sign for actual hours worked.
- To be familiar with the policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure all residents’ property is stored in line with the policies and procedures of the home.
- Report and hand in any lost property.
- Ensure all property belonging to the home is treated with respect.
- To report any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards.
Pay - £7.83 per hour
Hours – 33.75 – Fixed Term Contract 12 months
- 20 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays 8 days)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Free Uniforms
· Pension Scheme.