Night Care Assistant
Mariposa care are looking to recruit enthusiastic, highly motivated Care Assistant for Nights to join our team at Ferndene Care Home, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire.
This role combines care and friendship to both residents and their families in order for them to retain their dignity and individuality.
Hours – 38.50 hours per week
Pay £7.83 per hour
· 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
· Refer a Friend Incentive
· Free Uniform
· Pension Scheme
What the role involves:
· You will work under the guidance of a Senior Care Assistant or Registered Nurse and have responsibility for the physical and emotional wellbeing and social needs of our residents.
· You will attend to personal are for our residents, such as washing, dressing and assisting with meals.
· You will pay attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility or physical/learning difficulties.
· You will complete accurate daily records and observe care plan needs for resident with vigilance and full understanding.
· You will promote residents’ independence and wellbeing, involving them in daily activities alongside a high-quality standard of care.
· You will be prepared to take part in mandatory training and maintain your professional knowledge.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
· Relevant formal qualifications such as an NVQ Level 1 or 2 in healthcare, although this may not be essential as training may be provided.
· Excellent communication skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a team within a busy care home environment.
· To be flexible, enthusiastic and should be able to demonstrate experience and competence in a relevant role. Experience within a care home setting would be desirable.
· Be willing to apply for a DBS.