Community Fridge Network Manager
Hubbub is seeking a Community Fridge Network Manager to oversee the management of the Community Fridge Network (CFN), provide support to the growing network of Community Fridges in the UK and support the concept to strategically evolve through the creation of an online forum.
The CFN is a core part of Hubbub’s food hub activities and supports the hub’s ambition to reduce food waste, increase food skills and access to healthy, affordable and sustainable diets.
The CFN has received funding from the Big Lottery, which will come to an end in May 2020. By this date, we wish to take the Network to a place where it can exist independently of Hubbub whilst continuing to support the concept to flourish. We’re looking for the right person to manage the transition of the Network.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual passionate about environmental issues and issues relating to our food system such as food waste, health inequality and food security.
As the Community Fridge Network Manager you will oversee the day-to-day management of the CFN, including supporting individual groups to set up and run in-line with the Network’s principles, oversee the Community Fridge Facebook Forum and manage CFN grants to meet the expectations of funders, food donors and other key stakeholders.
You will be responsible for identifying ways to make the support process more efficient while ensuring that CFN guidance and procedures are regularly updated to keep safety risks to a minimum. You will work with the Hubbub Communications Team to promote the CFN and celebrate its impact.
You will have responsibility for shaping the strategic direction of the Network ensuring that the Network develops in its goals to reduce food waste and increase community cohesion whilst going on to have a legacy independently of Hubbub. You will support the Food team to secure funding for and create an online platform to host the CFN and lead on the long term governance and model for the CFN.
We’re looking for someone who is highly organised and independent with a proactive attitude, who wants to use these qualities for environmental and social benefit.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- University degree or equivalent.
- Significant project management experience, including budget management, stakeholder engagement and project planning.
- Significant experience of community engagement or liaison.
- Passionate about, and has knowledge of environmental issues and issues relating to our food system such as food waste, health inequality and food security.
- Experience of working in collaboration with partner organisations to achieve shared objectives.
- The ability to support the work of a small team as well as to work independently.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of website development and management.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Good social media skills.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AT HTTPS://WWW.HUBBUB.ORG.UK/JOB-OPPORTUNITIES
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following by email via the button below with the subject ‘Community Fridge Manager Application’ by midnight Sunday 27th January 2019.
- A cover letter setting out why you have the experience, qualities and passion for the role. (max 1 side)
- Your CV (max 2 sides)
- 50 words on what it is about the concept of Community Fridges that appeals to you and what you envisage a successful Community Fridge to look like.