Senior Associate Global Immigration London
As we are part of the PwC network, we can call upon the firm’s specialists when we need to offer complete, rounded solutions for clients. We often work with PwC tax advisers, human capital consultants, corporate finance and financial services experts, actuaries, management consultants and, of course, accountants. What is more, we have access to legal expertise in over 70 countries and immigration expertise in over 128 countries.
PwC is always interested in meeting talented people with the skills and expertise we require to help us continue to meet and deliver our client needs.
The way we work in the group is innovative and forward thinking in a process and technology-driven environment. Operating as part of a dedicated group serving PwC client facing teams across the UK you will enjoy a rich variety of immigration challenges arising from an unrivalled client base.
The immigration practice forms part of the wider PwC's immigration network covering over 128 countries. The practice is engaged in a programme of expansion that has already seen it, catapulted into the consciousness of market observers. (Chambers and Partners).
If this sounds appealing, then we advise you to review our job description below. If you have the skills required, please do submit your application and we will be in touch.
About the role
The 100-strong Immigration team are working together to drive forward the firms immigration offering, working with the PwC expatriate tax and global mobility practice.
Providing an array of immigration services to a range of clients including financial institutions, energy companies and large multi-nationals as well as private clients and entrepreneurs, successful candidates will be committed to our vision of moving the practice forward and operating within a truly global network.
We are looking for a paralegal/solicitor to join our immigration team
As an immigration paralegal/solicitor, you will be a key member of a client engagement team with clear objectives and responsibilities. You will actively work and support the client engagement team to ensure engagement deadlines are met in a timely fashion by managing and being responsible for key client projects. You will act as the main contact to the client, understanding their business, their issues and quickly addressing queries and work requests.
You will be involved in assisting with the provision of immigration services, providing advice and assistance under the supervision of one of our senior paralegals/solicitors or managers. This will involve liaising with your team members and, at times, the client in order to ensure effective, timely and accurate administration of the immigration service/advice. You will also have responsibility for delegating to more junior staff and ensuring information is provide to the appropriate government agency.
The primary function of your role will be drafting and reviewing immigration applications. In essence you will be managing the complete immigration process, from receiving the initial instruction through to completion, including Certificate of Sponsorship applications, extensions, further leave to remain and entry clearance applications.
Additional tasks are likely to include
- You will be the primary contact point for Irish immigration matters
- Responsible for managing the internal client database to ensure the progress of applications is kept completely up to date
- Assisting with the management of projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Attending and preparing for client and engagement team meetings, distribute actions plan and follow up where necessary
- Reviewing client engagement accounting, including billing and collection issues. Running reports to ensure data is accurate and complete
- Assisting with the client billing programme of an engagement team including preparation of draft budgets and fee schedules.
- Understanding and assisting the engagement team to ensure it follows PwC’s protocols for record keeping and document handling
- Assisting with the risk management checks for new and ongoing clients
- Prioritising and assigning cases, monitoring workload and production of more junior staff
- Undertaking technical and practical legal research including identification, collation, and distribution of the information
- Ability to handle high volume case load whilst maintaining high level of productivity
- You will benefit from performing a key role in an internationally networked team with a high profile in the immigration industry
- Experience of draft employment permit, Atypical working Scheme and entry visa applications
- Oversight of all Irish immigration matters
- You will be required to keep up to date with all relevant Irish immigration updates and input into client alerts
- Assist in training and hiring new team members
- Become involved in team wide projects
- Strong immigration experience
- Possess strong knowledge of procedural requirements for various types of Irish business immigration routes
- Strong client service skills with the ability to provide advice on complex cases
- Able to demonstrate resilience, self-motivation and a positive can do attitude
- Hard-working and committed to completing tasks well with good attention to detail
- Ability to confidently deal with demanding situations, people and requirements
- Proven organisational skills
- Clear, articulate and confident written and verbal communication skills
- Primarily a team player but able to work under own initiative
- Proficient in use of office software and Online research resource
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Experience of public speaking – this is a plus rather than essential