Robert Half are currently recruiting a Credit Controller to join a prestigious and exciting business based in central Cambridge. The successful Credit Controller will join a team of four to help push towards the same goals. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a national business on a six months contract.
The job holder will take responsibility for all aspects of credit control including ensuring that the aged debt is managed effectively and that all key performance indicators (KPIs) are met. They are responsible for ensuring that all credit control queries are responded to in a timely fashion and that customers are chased when payment is overdue in accordance with internal policy. They will work with the business to ensure that there is a streamlined approach to reporting and collecting debt and will be proactive in making improvements to the process.
- Responsible for debt chasing activities in accordance with business priorities then deploying the most appropriate method of chasing by letter, telephone and e-mail for allocated accounts.
- Supporting all aspects of customer and transaction (invoice related) queries ensuring that queries are prioritised and cleared
- Escalation point for all debt and advising on issues that require litigation; supporting members of the team and business customers about the most appropriate way to manage debt and owning all debt through to escalation.
- Responsible for building targeted relationships within the business and reporting aged debt status with the aim of minimise queries and improve the process of cash collection
- Responsible for maintaining records against the sales ledger and ensuring all customer notes are immediately updated.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- GSCE English and Maths grade A-C
- AAT or MICM Qualified or Studier (not essential)
Skills and experience
- At least 3 years credit control experience
- Having experience of debt chasing in global academic markets
- Strong experience of flexing approach to take account of different cultures, languages
- Strong evidence of chasing cycles and credit control methodology including legal process
- A track record of making improvements in credit control processes and creating efficiency's
- Good experience of finance system preferably ERP and case management/chasing software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
SALARY & BENEFITS
£12.50 - £15.00 Per hour PAYE
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms:https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice