Senior PR Manager - B2B Public Relations
Seeking a position on the brand storytelling and reputation management side of PR?
With this opportunity, you will be working as a Senior PR Manager within a big B2B organisation, devising and delivering pro-active PR campaigns to drive awareness and brand preference within specific target markets globally.
These campaigns will be designed to help the business achieve its objectives connecting brand reputation, and protecting investment propositions for the parent company. Whilst also influencing key professional stakeholders across political, professional and media channels.
Objectives can be connected to commercial interests, looking to work hand-in-glove with the marketing function to drive bottom line results.
They can also be brand reputation based - either looking to change opinion on certain aspects of the company's brand image - be it improving their CSR positioning, connecting the brand with innovation in industry, or maybe getting them recognised as thought leaders within certain market verticals which in turn drives consideration and purchase intent (potentially). There's never two days the same.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
A powerhouse in Global energy. You will be supporting their international and domestic B2B division, with a solid amount of your time supporting their future energy division. This part of the business is responsible for devising and delivering industry specific solutions encompassing renewables and energy efficiency solutions globally.
ABOUT THE TEAM
This is a team of 8, with the unit supporting different lines of the business as well as splitting across pro-active and reactive comms, digital, CSR and public affairs.
It's a tight working unit who produce exceptional work, despite bring relatively small in comparison to the scale of the organisation they're supporting.
KEYS TO SUCCESS
Being such a large and complex organisation, you've got to be a real people person to succeed who's adept at building and maintaining a professional network within the business. Engaging people across the business to get the stories of what's going on, being able to spot the interest angle which will achieve cut through when it's translated to a campaign.
Knowing how that story or business innovation will be best activated utilising a diverse range of PR and comms opportunities, and how to connect it all back to business objectives is really the bottom line here.
Whether that be to improve how the company indexes within certain target industries, such as manufacturing, automotive, healthcare, financial services, etc. Or if you're looking to grow certain brand reputation scores which will improve the company's reputation through connecting with certain events or awards programmes, sponsorships, or through the creation of white papers which merge thought leadership to lead generation - there's lots of diversity on offer here.
Role: Senior PR Manager
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 base salary
Benefits: ~£5k car allowance, circa 30% bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and lots more.
Location: Berkshire - commutable from Slough, Reading and surrounding areas
- Must have a solid pedigree within B2B PR and comms with a preference to corporate (client side) backgrounds
- Experience established within energy, energy related technology (e.g. commercial use batteries and energy production as well as storage) isI highly desirable
- Other technology related industry experience, or within industries closely affiliated and connected to the energy markets is a plus
- Resilient and tenacious by nature - you don't take no for an answer when you know you're on the right track with a PR story or campaign idea
- Great networker - able to get your head around a large, complex business and establish relationships with key stakeholders to build up the rapport and relationship necessary to unearth the news and promotion worthy stories you can take to market
- Comfortable working in combination with other teams to drive campaigns - these will include corporate affairs, strategy and marketing teams
- Great comms skills, written and verbal
- Experience working with an external agency - instructing and managing their workflow. Ensuring everything they produce is high quality, and will achieve the desired results
- Must have the necessary rights to live and work in the UK without restriction
For further information please email your Word format CV in application to:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
For more vacancies which may suit your needs, please visit us at www.bluepelican.com