Duration: 12 Months
Technical Architects are expected to perform and deliver without day to day supervision. The ability to apply commercial judgment and influence customer relationships is a key non-technical skill which means that detailed understanding of methods, systems and procedures is essential. Finally, initiative and judgment are required to address and resolve daily problems.
There is a diverse technology set within the system, the successful candidate needs to display an understanding of the following technology with a speciality (design, implementation and management of specialisation) in one or more technology areas:
- Windows 10 Operating System
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (highly desirable)
- Hypervisors - Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare ESXi (ESXi - highly desirable)
- System Center Suite (SCCM, SCOM, SCORCH, SCVMM, DPM)
- Active Directory
Additionally, an understanding of technology/architecture in the following set would be advantageous:
- Security controls; Anti-virus, Device Control, Certificate Authority, Audit, Lockdown/Hardening
- Cloud architecture (Azure or AWS)
- Requirements gathering as part of the conceptual design. Responsible for ensuring the customer requirements are elaborated to enable a conceptual design to be formed, thus ensuing the design meets the customers' requirements.
- Defines scope, deliverables and acceptance criteria for assignment with 'client' (may be internal or external) for the design of systems architectures to integrate business and IT requirements.
- Delivers assignment in accordance with agreed scope, time, financial and quality measures. Providing assurance as required to the technical governance team.
- Ability to implement technical solutions in the form of experiments or low-level design and implementation if required.
- Ensures effective client engagement and stakeholder management during assignment (may include management of subcontractors and partners).
- Tracks market trends and competitor activities in 'expert' area and ensure this data is utilised for the ongoing service development.
- A consistent track record of delivery at the level indicated in this job description.
- A clear period of working with the described technologies is essential, with recognised accreditation or certification to underpin working experience.
- Understanding of Agile delivery
- Understanding of TOGAF with LEAN methodology and framework.