Lifestyle Support Assistant
Mariposa are looking to recruit an experienced Lifestyle Support Assistant (Activities) for Kingston Court Care Home Carlisle, Cumbria to deliver meaningful support to all residents so that they are offered recreational opportunities that meet their aspirations and maintain their existing interests.
Do you think outside the box? Can you influence and persuade people to get involved?
The successful candidate will provide stimulation and encouragement to residents through a variety of entertainment activities and community links, focusing on individuals. Enabling different levels of physical and mental agility.
- To promote well-being through developing personalised lifestyle plans for each resident.
- Plan and initiate monthly rolling / individual programmes, encourage and support residents to maintain pre-admission interests.
- To encourage outdoor interests in suitable weather
- To support community involvement for all residents.
- Provide comfort and company, on a one to one basis, for Residents who prefer individual support.
- To assist with nutritional well-being of residents by ensuring suitable drinks and meals are available to all residents. To support staff to deliver a meaningful dining experience for everyone.
- To facilitate all staff to recognise the benefit to residents of an integral approach to lifestyle support……it is everyone’s responsibility
- Be flexible in working hours to facilitate recreational arrangements that fall outside of usual working hours.
- Provide a yearly calendar of events, which will recognise significant events events such as, Easter, Burns Night, and Halloween etc.
- Manage fund raising and nominate a good cause to be associated with in the local community.
- Actively participate in raising the public profile and perception of the home, strive for involvement from outside the home. Raise and maintain the local reputation of the home.
- Maintain recording documentation as required.
- Be willing to undertake training
- Position subject to enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Previous experience in a similar role is required.
· Encourage Staff Members, Relatives and Friends to participate in the organisation and implementation of the Home/Care Centre's activities.
- Actively market the Home/Care Centre, publicise events and activities and produce written record of all activities and attendance
- Promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Home/Care Centre at all times
Pay Rate - £7.83 per hour
Hours - 12 hours per week
20 days Annual Leave (pro-rata)
Refer a Friend Scheme