Data Governance Management - Continental Europe
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Data Governance Management - Continental Europe based in London
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Data Governance Management - Continental Europe role holder will support the RBWM (Retail Banking and Wealth Management) Regulatory Lead within Data & Analytics to monitor and track RBWM data quality. The role holder will be responsible for the reporting of Data Quality within RBWM, ensuring that Critical Data Elements are monitored and that potential Data Quality issues are reported to the appropriate stakeholders and that an appropriate remediation strategy is defined and executed. This will include, stewardship of the RBWM Data Quality dashboard(s), reporting to RBWM Market Data Quality working group or equivalent forum(s) and other involved stakeholders including RBWM Regulatory and Compliance leads and RBWM CDO Office. A critical part of the role is to support market/Regional Data Quality Stewards in the triage and actioning of Data Quality issues.
The Data Governance Management - Continental Europe role holder will monitor and support the onward tracking and progress of Data Quality Issues and will ensure that the RBWM Data Strategy is upheld and in line with RBWM Governance set. The role holder will ensure that all appropriate Data Governance Authorities review the data quality decisions and/or remediation actions implemented within RBWM.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following:
- Relevant experience in a risk and control environment within a Bank or Financial Institution
- Strong analytical and investigative skills are essential including advances skills in Microsoft Excel and SharePoint
- Experience of visualisation packages such as Qlik/Tableau is desirable, but not essential.
- Aptitude for continuous improvements and operational effectiveness by initiating process improvements
- Rigorous approach to controls and the minimization of operational risk with ability to self-evaluate own outputs
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks, set targets, and meet targets is necessary
- Delivery management skills with ability to oversee and support junior staff with daily activities
- Technical understanding of how systems deliver regulatory reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to quickly build rapport with wide range of stakeholders
Closing dates for applications 5th February 2019