Senior Building Services Engineer - Kingston upon Thames
About the RoleCome and work for Property Services within the Orbis partnership, which encompasses Surrey County Council, East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council. The partnership is designed to deliver greater value for our councils, residents and customers by increasing efficiencies and maximizing the benefits of sharing skills, resources and technology. We are recruiting now for a Senior Building Services Engineer to be based in Kingston-Upon-Thames working for Surrey County Council. You will manage a team of professionals delivering maintenance projects and works of a mechanical building services nature. A typical day will include, designing various building services projects, visiting the varied properties in our portfolio including schools, fire stations, library’s, corporate buildings & farms as well being responsible for leading a team of project managers, managing workloads and conducting one to ones and appraisals. On a daily basis you will be working with other property professionals, fostering relationships with Surveyors, Architects, and Quantity Surveyors within the Maintenance Team and across the wider Property Service. The successful candidate will have an ambitious nature and will thrive on the challenge of mentoring and developing a relatively new team of Surveyors and Graduates. You will be working on specific Property and Project based IT systems and will need to be adaptable and competent in this area of technology. To be shortlisted for an interview for this position your application will clearly evidence:
- A fantastic ability to communicate technical messages to a variety of stakeholders including Senior Managers, Council Members and members of the public;
- Experience of managing and delivering a variety of projects in a fast paced environment, where projects are delivered on time and to budget;
- A strong ability to deal with a substantial capital revenue budget dealing with in excess of 300 projects a year;
- The will to inspire staff, challenge decisions and share ideas across the teams and the service to support continuous improvement and change;
- A high appreciation on financial management and control.
For an informal discussion contact Geoff Eldridge on 07805 804 701 or by e-mail. We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date for applications is 23:59 on 3rd February 2019.