Resources Manager, Visitor Experience
£36,000 per annum, permanent contract
Full-time (40 hours (5 out of 7 days) per week)
The Royal Opera House welcomes audiences to performances of ballet and opera and participants in its learning and participation programme in excess of 1 million per year. Since completing a major redevelopment project ("Open Up") in September 2018, we are now welcoming more visitors, especially during the day, to experience our art forms in new foyers with new facilities.
We are now looking to appoint a new Resources Manager to manage the efficient, accurate and compliant use of resources across the Visitor Experience function (encompassing the Front of House and Tours teams alongside the Box Office operation) and provide an excellent level of customer care to staff, ensuring transparency, fairness and respect at all times.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing and implementing a resource plan for the department which responds to demands in the work of the department to optimise efficiency, assure cost effectiveness and ensure fairness of work across the teams.
- Managing the staffing budget for the Visitor Experience teams (in excess of £2m)
- Creating weekly and monthly rosters across the department for all roles and ensuring two-way communication about resource needs across managers working in the team.
- Managing, leading and inspiring the Visitor Experience Resources team to deliver an excellent standard of customer service including to `internal` customers.
The `open up` philosophy extends to ensuring that we continually focus on being an externally facing organisation that puts customers at the forefront of service design. This role is an exciting opportunity to bring your administrative and customer service expertise to one of the world`s busiest theatres.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A high level of numeracy and significant experience in budget control and financial accounting
- Experience of complex rostering and payroll
- Accuracy and close attention to detail
- A systemised approach to managing tasks, priorities and deadlines
- Strong communication skills in all forms
- A people person with strong communication and negotiation skills; an ability to support and empathise with staff.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.
A full job description and instructions on how to apply are available on http://recruitment.roh.org.uk/vacancyView.php?requirementId=3350
Please contact the Human Resources Department on Tel: +44 (0) 20 7212 9631 if you have any access requirements or queries.
Closing date for the receipt of applications: 8.00 am, Friday 18th January 2019.
Interviews will take place on 24th and 25th January 2019.
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.
No agencies please.