Womenswear Designer / Account Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Womenswear Designer to join a well-established supplier to the UK high street. You will be focusing on the design and development of trend led ladies wear for several exciting mid-market brands and retailers, and managing your own accounts.
The ideal candidate will be a Designer first and foremost but will have strong account management skills and experience in working within the world of trend led fast fashion for the UK high street. The role is to design across multi product knit and jerseywear. This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career.
Womenswear Designer / Account Manager - The Role:
- Source new fast fashion customers, ideally from existing contacts, and nurture/develop accounts.
- Design trend womenswear (using CAD) and produce tech packs
- Meet with customers and take briefs, present ranges
- Manage customer expectations, approvals & deliveries
- Manage critical path
- Be a point of contact for your own customers
- Liaise closely with suppliers, most of whom are UK based.
- Ideal candidate will also work on Vetigraph to translate designs into factory ready patterns.
Womenswear Designer / Account Manager - The Candidate:-
- Eye for fashion and ability to translate trends
- Adobe Illustrator or equivalent CAD package knowledge is essential
- Successful candidate must be fully fluent on Microsoft Office in particularly Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of tech specs and garment construction is essential
- Confident at presenting ranges
- Able to work well in a team
- Ability to update and work within the critical path
- Must have excellent analytical and organisational skills
- The ideal candidate will also have working knowledge of the Vetigraph CAD system.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.