Care Assistant (Days & Nights Available)
Care Assistant - Bupa Care Homes
From £7.83ph + excellent benefits
Aston Court, Little Aston, Sutton Coldfield, B74 3BF
If you're passionate about providing the very best care in a residential care home setting, consider a move to Bupa Care Homes. We provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to around 9,000 people in over 140 UK homes.
Right now, we're looking for an enthusiastic and committed Carer to join the team at our home in Sutton Coldfield. Whether providing long or short-term care that includes convalescence, respite and palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality service at all times.
What you'll be doing
- As a Key Worker under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, taking responsibility for the physical and emotional well-being and social needs of our residents
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
- Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group
- Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff
- Generally promoting our residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care
What you'll need
- Ideally, some experience in a care environment, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and a willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties
- A belief in giving your personal best at all times and striving for continuous improvement
What we'll offer you in return
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Refer a friend payments of up to £1000
- Smile Everyday - a health and wellbeing package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online wellbeing tools
- Discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
- Interest free travel ticket loans/ Free onsite Parking/ Cycle to Work Scheme
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
- Child Care Vouchers
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Access to rewards, offers and discounts
- Hot meal provided on a 12 hour shift
- Uniform provided
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
- 20 days annual leave, Plus statutory bank holidays
- Recognition schemes including Everyday Heroes and annual National Care Home Awards
Know someone else looking for a Career in Care?
When you refer a Care Assistant to us before the end of the year you'll receive a £500 bonus* - and the best part? Your friend will too!
About the Home
Aston Court is a modern purpose-built care home that was thoughtfully designed to be spacious and comfortable for all our residents. Surrounded by the peaceful landscaped grounds of Little Aston Park, residents can enjoy our delightful patio and outdoor seating areas, and there's also a sensory garden too.
The care we offer at Aston Court is specially tailored to our residents' individual needs. This includes long-term residential, nursing, convalescence and palliative care - as well as the facilities for respite care too. We only employ highly trained staff to provide professional 24-hour care and support
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provides expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care throughout the UK. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Passionate about making lives better, every decision we make is because we care. It's why we inspire and support our carers to put our residents' wellbeing at the heart of everything they do.
Careers worth caring about
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
*Two instalments of £250 paid after your first shift/6 months service (for both referrer and referee) and will be based on 36 hour contracts and will be pro-rata'd