Infrastructure Engineer VMware
Infrastructure Engineer - VMware
Package is competitive
Do you get free fruit at work? Tea? Coffee? What about unlimited KitKats….?
If you feel like your skills are being wasted, talk to us. You can help solve difficult problems for our customers across Defence, Cyber Security, Financial Crime prevention, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation. You won't just be eating KitKats, you'll be challenged to keep your skills at the forefront of new technologies and you'll cross train into new ones as you develop.
You'll get to work on new products and projects where you can try different approaches, technologies and input your ideas. You'll be proud when you get the job done by fixing some of our customer's toughest problems.
How we support you;
- Work life balance is important; you'll get up to 30 days holiday a year
- You can work around core hours with flexible and part-time working
- Don't know a technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career. You'll have a career manager and get involved with innovation days, so you can develop your career aspirations
- You'll be part of a bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance for when you need it
- You can be part of our Diversity and Support groups (that covers everything from your diversity to your mental health and wellbeing)
What you will be doing what you'll learn;
- We will help you keep up to date with the latest cutting-edge tools and new technologies
- Hands-on experience of installing, administering, and troubleshooting VMware vSphere 6.0 or later in a medium-to-large sized environment
- Experience of designing VMware vSphere 6.0 (or later) DRS / HA clusters for a medium-to-large sized environment
- Experience of using a small-to-medium enterprise sized backup solution (e.g. Veeam Backup and Replication), to back-up virtual machines, and subsequently restore virtual machines, individual files etc.;
- Good understanding of storage and networking, with the ability to articulate storage and networking requirements both clearly and concisely;
- Comfortable working with customers in a client facing role.
Why BAE Systems?
You will be able to make a huge impact on the systems you work on and develop - Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, 'intelligence-grade' security and complex services and solutions integration. The Applied Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. We want you to develop your career but also have fun; you can get involved with meet ups, monthly drinks, team socials and of course as many KitKats as you want.
We're interested in your skills, your talent, your potential and nothing else.
You can can apply and we can arrange an informal chat. We can talk even if you don't have an up to date CV.