Currently entering a period of business change and modernisation, this leading employer is looking to add to its team with the appointment of a Database Administrator. This organisation has recently signed off on a number of projects to bring its IT systems in line with its exacting standards as well as drive forward to market leading standards. This role is critical in that success.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced technical team, installing and maintaining database services in line with defined practises and standards, ensuring acceptable levels of performance are maintained. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Database Administrator and will work closely with the Infrastructure, Application Support, Security and Development teams.
You will be required to carry out database configuration(s) including installing and upgrading software servers and application tools, ensuring that all standard procedures are observed, applying fixes and maintaining supplier and user documentation.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in some of the following:
- Strong Experience in one of Oracle OR SQL Server databases & utilities
- Experience with RDBMS architecture, software & database management tools
- Experience of working in physical & virtual environments
- ITIL qualified
- Experience working within a medium to large enterprise
- Holder of SC clearance or eligible to obtain SC.