Autism Support Worker
Voyage Care is seeking outstanding Support Workers, who will be assisting the People we Support with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Complex Behaviour and Learning Disabilities, at a Residential Service in Blandford St Mary.
Benefits for Voyage Care Support Workers include:
- A permanent contract (full and part time hours available)
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free, industry leading, face to face and online training
- Company pension, paid holiday and employee benefits including childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- The opportunity to undertake an NVQ in Autism*
Support Workers will be working in a Residential Service with 7 People we Support who have a variety of conditions including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Complex Behaviour and Learning Disabilities.
Support Workers will assist the People we Support in all aspects of their life that they need assistance. Support will include (but not be limited to):
- Personal Care
- Management of Complex Behaviour
- Medication Administration
- Community Access
Prior experience in a UK based health or social care setting, working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Complex Behaviour, is advantageous but not essential as Voyage Care provide full, ongoing training to all Support Workers.
Due to the location of this service it is desirable that Support Workers hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle. Support Workers with a full driving license will be able to assist the People we Support to access the community with house/mobility cars**.
Voyage Care are happy to accept applications for full and part time Support Workers at this service. Support Workers will be required a mixture of early, late and long day shifts. Overtime is often available to Support Workers should they wish to work it.
Please note that the role will include weekend work and shifts on public holidays.
Voyage Care ask that all Support Workers:
- Work within the company's ethos of providing person centred care
- Are compassionate, patient and understanding
- Are reliable and conscientious
- Have a good understanding or written and spoken English and basic Mathematics
- Hold or are prepared to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
- Are flexible in the shifts they can work
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
*On successful completion of probation
**Subject to all legal terms and conditions being met
Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010