Autism Support Worker Nights
Voyage Care is seeking exceptional Waking Night Support Workers, who will assist the People we Support with Complex Behaviour, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Learning Disabilities, at a Residential Service in Blandford St Mary.
Benefits for Voyage Care Waking Night Support Workers include:
- A permanent contract (full and part time hours available)
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free, industry leading, face to face and online training
- Company pension, paid holiday and employee benefits including childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme
- The opportunity to undertake an NVQ in Autism*
Joining an established team: Successful Waking Night Support Workers will work in a Residential Service with 7 People we Support who have a variety of conditions including Complex Behaviour, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Learning Disabilities.
Waking Night Support Workers will provide assistance to the People we Support. Support will include:
- Management of Complex Behaviour
- Personal Care
- Medication Administration
Previous experience in a UK based health or social care setting, working with individuals with Complex Behaviour and Autism Spectrum Disorder, is advantageous but not essential as Voyage Care provide full training to all Waking Night Support Workers.
Due to the location of this service it is desirable that Waking Night Support Workers hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Voyage Care are happy to accept applications for full and part time Waking Night Support Workers at this service.
Please note that the role is for waking night shifts and will include weekend work and shifts on public holidays. The role will present opportunities for overtime.
Voyage Care ask that all Waking Night Support Workers:
- Work within the company's ethos of providing person centred care
- Are compassionate, patient and understanding
- Are reliable and conscientious
- Have a good understanding or written and spoken English and basic Mathematics
- Hold or are prepared to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
- Are flexible in the shifts they can work
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
*On successful completion of probation
Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010