Director of Maths
Salary: Reach Leadership Scale
We are seeking a committed and thoughtful leader to build on the progress made in the Maths department. We are a school that recognises the centrality of Maths to our pupils’ achievement across the curriculum and have fostered an environment with high levels of attainment and an excellent attitude to the subject across the board.
We are looking for leader to oversee our pupils going through A-level and adjusting course lower down the school as necessary. The successful candidate will set the vision and direction for the department and be responsible for ensuring that our curriculum is aligned to the challenges that our pupils face at A-level and beyond They will be a committed teacher with leadership experience and a track record of leading pupils to achieve great results. They will share the school’s vision and the belief that all young people can achieve at high levels. There will be significant career progression available for the successful candidate, as well as access to senior staff and the opportunity to contribute to strategic decision-making.
- Set vision and direction for Maths in the school, ensuring that there is clear and achievable progression through the phases;
- Design and oversee a curriculum that blends rigour with high levels of pupil engagement and effectively builds the skills and knowledge so that pupils are able to flourish at A-level and access degrees in Maths-related subjects;
- Be responsible for the progress of pupils across the Secondary
- phases, overseeing assessment and monitoring progress, putting in place additional support where it is needed;
- Act as a critical friend and thought-partner to Primary colleagues in the design and delivery of the Maths Mastery curriculum;
- Line manage, coach and develop Maths teachers, ensuring that
- they have the knowledge and skills to deliver highly effective lessons;
- Ensure that own teaching and learning is highly effective and act as a model of good practice;
- Support the Academy Leadership Team to set vision and direction for the Secondary phase in line with Academy vision;
- Align with and uphold the Academy vision, standards of behaviour, discipline and exclusion policy;
- Deal effectively and sensitively with child protection issues.
- Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the Academy Leadership Team; and
- Undertake the main professional duties of a teacher as set out in the Reach Academy pay and conditions of service document.
Closing Date: 18th January 2019.
Reach Academy Feltham is a small, all-through school that opened in September 2012. The school has quickly built an excellent reputation locally and nationally and last year moved into a stunning purpose-built home. In March 2014 it was the first all-through free school to be judged outstanding in all categories by Ofsted.
The school offers a range of unique benefits, including exceptional CPD, a range of growth opportunities and innovative benefits, including the opportunity to take term time holiday. It offers an opportunity to serve a high-need community and work alongside a supportive team who share a deep commitment to the school’s vision.
Please visit the website via the button below for more information and an application form. Please send your completed application form.
Reach Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and other employment checks. The school is committed to equality and diversity in employment practice and service delivery.