Our client are recruiting for Water Network Construction Apprentices. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain recognised and accredited qualifications whilst you earn and gain a vast amount of experience within a highly respected company. The role will involve constructing and maintaining the water networks in and around the London area to assist Thames Water in providing a top quality water service for the people of London.
Specific activities relating to Water Mains and Service laying:
- Installing water services and ancillary structures, you will prepare for and install water mains or services using a variety of jointing techniques.
- You will also learn how to repair faults and other damage to water mains and services.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Suitable applicants will be new to the water industry; no previous work experiences required, age no barrier and have achieved GCSE’s Grades A to E in English, Maths.
- Applicants who have not gained the pre requisite GCSE qualifications will undertake Functional Skills Level 1 as part of their apprenticeship programme, equivalent to GCSE qualifications.
- You will need to demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm to work outdoors.
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- At interview stage you will be required to provide proof of right to work in the UK
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment for this opportunity due to health and safety reasons
- You will be working in the South London Area must to be able to travel daily to site or the operational depot, once onsite you will be travelling by transit van(s)to your place of work.
Apprentices will spend their training at Utility & Construction Training Ltd (UCT) Carrington, Manchester acquiring the basic knowledge, skills and competence to enable them to work productively on the network. The remainder of your time will be spent under supervision on site at Morrison Utility Services
Whilst on your apprentice programme at UCT, your travel by train to Manchester & London, hotel accommodation and all meals will be fully paid for.
Or apprentices start the training program on £6.61 per hour per hour in their first year which rises to £9.22 in their second year, this equates to a salary of £21,574 p.a. This will rise again after the successful completion of the second year to around £11.67 per hour, a salary of £27,307.
On completion of the full Apprenticeship and the successful move to team leader earnings will be in the region of £35,000 plus an incentive bonus scheme where high performers regularly achieve salaries of £50,000 and above.
We are also very keen that some of the apprentices eventually move into the first line supervisor role and we have a full training and competence program in place to facilitate this
Please note there will be an Assessment Centre for this opportunity which will be taking place in January 2019 venue and dates to be confirmed.
Applicants must be able to attend to be considered for the programme. Start date of the apprenticeship programme will be February 2019.