Operations Director. The senior role is to provide effective and inspirational Operational leadership in an ambitious Travel Company. Our client continues to evolve and grow, and investment in its infrastructure gives it a competitive advantage within its market place. The Operations Director role will provide hands on leadership, ensure the £25m turnover business is maintained to a high standard, develop a winning culture, drive company performance and achieve the company’s overall goals. The position will report directly to the Managing Director.
The successful applicant will need to bring Energy and Vision as the Operations Director role has been created to work alongside the Managing Director in dealing with the day to day Management responsibilities. The Operations Director will assist in the planning and implementation of short, medium and long-term performance of the business, including Strategy, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Satisfaction, Projects, Accounts, Training & Development, Facilities, Web and IT Development.
Key Responsibilities Include, But Not Limited to:
- Strategy, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Customer Satisfaction, Projects, Accounts, Training & Development, Facilities, Web and IT Development
- Leadership, motivation and management of employees across different travel departments
- Ownership of the successful implementation of processes into the business
- Developing a culture of Continuous Improvement throughout the company
- Continuous identification and implementation of the company’s operational best practice through interaction with the wider teams
- Consistent and effective management and leadership of direct reports and the wider teams including training and development and performance management
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- You will be an executor not a delegator, experienced MD or proven OD (or equivalent titles) with experience of delivering operational improvements within an established travel business
- Confidence, charisma, a 'big-picture' & inclusive management style with proven leadership skills are all very important
- Experience of working successfully in an SME travel environment and 'leading from the front' will be critical to the success of the candidate in this demanding role
- Strong Commercial understanding and previous accountability for profit targets, marketing, special projects, training & developing, facilities, web and IT development
- Proven Strategic Planning ability, possessing high level reporting skills across all aspects of the business
Our client is looking for an experienced senior management professional with the above skill sets and a willingness for growth within this specialist and ambitious Travel Company. There is an excellent salary package on offer BOE, along with KPI bonus and benefits.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.