HR and Recruitment Administrator
Job Title: HR and Recruitment Administrator
Job Category: Admin
Location: Ashburton, Devon
Salary: £20,000 to £21,500
Agreement Type: Permanent
We are recruiting for an experienced HR and Recruitment Administrator to join the Age UK HR team. This is a busy role, and an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to support the operations and recruitment team ensuring we deliver a customer centric recruitment and HR service to the Age UK Group.
- Produce offer letters and contracts
- Ensure all necessary documentation is received for all new starters, including volunteers, work experience and interns.
- Request and review references.
- Apply for visa's and work permits and report and monitor the expiry dates.
- Responsibility for HR database information, ensuring it is entered and processed accurately including new starters, volunteers etc. and produce reports and analysis as required.
- Respond to requests for information from employers, landlords and banks following data protection requirements.
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of Age UK's terms and conditions and act as a first point of contact to advise employees of the main terms of employment.
- Deal with post, emails and telephone
- Maintaining records within the iTrent electronic filing system
- Handle administration relating to recruitment for the Age UK retail network.
- Deal with any queries from retail hiring managers
- Ensure all paperwork and feedback is captured in relation to any recruitment activity within the retail network
- Produce accurate and helpful Management Information for the retail management team about recruitment activity across the network ensuring we are using the most cost effective and successful means to attract candidates.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times in line with Age UK policy and undertake additional duties as required commensurate with the level of the job
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a good level of admin experience, and a working knowledge of MS Office, Emails and use of a CRM system or other databases.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel to set up spreadsheets, analyse and process data to illustrate salary costs and forecasts
- Results focussed with the ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- A team player with the ability to build relationships and work effectively with a wide range of people
- A basic knowledge of HR processes, statutory requirements and employment law would be beneficial.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.