Due to a number of recent acquisitions my client is looking to recruit an interim financial accountant to support the contiue growth and demands on the finance team.
Located just outside central london in a fast paced work enviroment, my client combines the property market and technology to create a new innovative service. My client has ambitious growth plans having recently made two aggressive aquisitions.
The financial accountant will be responsible for:
- Preparation of the annual financial statements for the subsidiaries (c100 companies)
- Key involvement and responsibility for year-end and interim audits of the listed entity and dealing with the various stakeholders
- Responsibility for ensuring full understanding and review of legal entities, preparing trend analysis and monthly commentary on the entities activities
- Monthly management reporting including but not limited to cash flows and expense analysis
- Contribute to the development of management information provided internally and externally
- Assistance with technical issues
- Prepare & analyse information for IFRS and taxation reporting
- Manage and review the VAT & CIS returns for the organisation and association
- Monitor the compliance with financial and finance-related regulations, including direct tax, indirect tax & accounting regulations.
- Monitor all Balance Sheet reconciliations ensuring completion and adequate record keeping by all team members responsible.
- Develop an ongoing understanding of the systems and procedures of the Finance Department, administering them in the absence of junior staff members.
- Updating the annual forecast monthly including the preparation of the commentary
- Improving controls and procedures
- Proactive resolution of accounting queries from the businesses
- Assist the Group Financial Controller in the budget and strategic planning processes
- Ensure that group policy, as it relates to disbursements and cash management, is adhered to at all times
- Perform analysis work as required
- Support the requirements of the Group Financial Controller & Group Finance Director as required.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- ACA / ACCA Qualified
- Good understanding of month end procedures
- Excellent communicator
- Proven ability of working under pressure
- Strong IT skills
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Information management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Attractive and competitive day date
- 3 month contract