Robert Half Accounting and Finance are pleased to be partnering exclusively with an established manufacturing/engineering company in their search for a new Financial Controller.
The company is a division of a much larger international group and will therefore be a great starting point for an ambitious individual looking for their first move from practice into industry. The group have a reputation for developing its staff, and due to its size, comes the ability to offer long term career opportunities.
Reporting into the Finance Director, and working closely with operational stakeholders, the role will pull on both your technical training and your stakeholder management abilities. You will own the reporting for the UK business and its European subsidiaries, as well as partner with operational teams to deliver sound financial and commercial support.
- Prepare month end close for the UK entity in line with US GAAP, as well as oversee the preparation of the month end results for the European Subsidiaries.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for all UK and European entities, ensuring reconciling items are cleared on a timely basis.
- Harmonise and improve financial controls and processes Globally.
- Support continuous improvement activities through financial evaluation of manufacturing processes, procedures and controls, continually looking for ways to realise efficiencies.
- Regular performance reporting with commentary, including sales and margin analysis, inventory monitoring, production variance analysis, product costing information, cost centre spend, and productivity reviews.
- Maintain standard cost system with support of the ERP system team.
- Perform Financial analysis of new R&D activities.
- Continue the development and maintenance of an analytically robust model to support the business with pricing activity.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate submissions of Indirect tax returns (VAT returns, Intrastat, EC Sales list etc)
- Support the group finance team in the preparation and submission of the Statutory accounts and Corporation Tax return for the UK and European entities.
- Support the group finance team in managing the Year-End audit process for the UK entity
- Support the local Subsidiary teams with Statutory audit and filing compliance as required.
- ACA Qualified
- Ideally have audited manufacturing business during your time in Audit although not essential
- Stakeholder management, internal and external
- Commercial mindset
Salary & Benefits
- A base salary of between £50,000 to £55,000 plus excellent benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-notice