IT Project Manager
INSPIRATION FOR AN EXTRAORDINARY WORLD
IT Project Manager
Warwick or London, UK
Kantar is looking for a Project Manager who will bring an Agile mindset and attention to detail to our key technology projects. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of software development and implementations projects ranging from data integration, analytics, workflow, dashboard and visualisation initiatives. You will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of strategic projects working within a global team consisting of both internal people and 3rd party technology partners.
As a Project Manager within the technology team, you'll be directly responsible for helping Kantar deliver critical products and insights to its clients, which include the largest, most creative, and tech-savvy companies in the world.
Nobody knows consumers better than Kantar. Providing insight and inspiration to help clients flourish in an extraordinary world, we bring together 12 of the world’s leading research, data and insight brands. At the heart of WPP, our global team of 30,000 people in more 100 countries delivers specialist insight, business strategies and consultancy support.
- Work with a project team of developers, stakeholders, business analysts and other project managers to deliver software solutions on-time and budget
- Work globally to collaborate with team members in different locations and different roles
- Gain an understanding of business requirements to be able to understand dependencies and to prioritize and lead work across projects
- Develop clear timelines for development, testing, and deployment that consider complex and interleaved dependencies between both tasks and resources
- Be responsible for the team to design and negotiate solutions that meet the business needs while also being achievable within an acceptable timeframe
- Identify risks and work efficiently to mitigate risks
- Monitor progress towards the project objectives and provide regular communication of status to all stakeholders, including senior management
- Work closely with in-house and 3rd party developers to ensure timely delivery of a quality solution
- Ensure compliance with company standard processes and policies for projects that you are responsible for
- Experience working in a distributed team environment and motivating people for great results
- Ability to get up projects up and running quickly in order to expedite the delivery of value
- Experience running software development projects using Agile and/or waterfall methodologies
- Work with key stakeholders to solicit system requirements and achieve an understanding of the underlying business need
- Ability to lead and track progress across multiple projects teams with differing priorities
- A deep understanding of software development processes, practices, tools, and techniques.
- Experience taking care of risks, issues and exceptions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with Project Management tools, such as Microsoft Project, and issue management tools such as JIRA and Visual Studio Online.