Our client is an established international multi-strategy investment management firm, investing across multiple sectors and geographies. Due to an internal move, they are now looking to recruit for a Revenue Accountant to join them in the Group function. The role reports into the Group Finance Director.
The core of the role will be to take full responsibility over the revenue accounting. Calculations around performance/income fees, accruals and AUM will fall under the responsibility of this hire.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the accuracy of accounting records, new business mandates and AUM information;
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and reports to the wider business and investment teams;
- Communicating with investors about rebates and distribution charges;
- Preparing monthly reports and forecasts of revenue and related investor costs;
- Assisting with the annual budget and five-year-plan processes;
- Liaising with various other business divisions such as Legal and Business Development; and,
- Maintaining the internal revenue system and recommend enhancements or new controls as appropriate.
The successful candidate must have a professional accounting qualification and an in-depth understanding of financial services or asset/investment management. A strong understanding of the accounting standards is key.
The client is seeking someone who is proactive and possess strong communication skills. Due to the role touching across all points within finance and some other parts of the business, the ability to work well in a team is highly important.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for almost 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com