Principal Systems Test Engineer (Defence Secure Communications)
A leading British Defence organisation is currently looking for a Principal / Senior Systems Test Engineer for a long term assignment to be based in either Gloucestershire or Middlesex.
The engineer will be conducting Systems Test activities to ensure designs and products meet customer requirements and providing systems test expertise to one or more projects simultaneously, within the Information Assurance Business Unit, which delivers multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m.
- Develop manual and automated system level testing of products, throughout the development lifecycle, to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
- Create and maintain Systems Test artefacts, such as Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports, as required, throughout the product development lifecycle, to result in a positive project outcome.
- Carry out Systems Test activities in accordance with Systems Test artefacts, so that test, qualification and acceptance events are completed successfully.
- Input to project management process regarding estimates to complete; potential risks and opportunities; project issues; and reporting of progress / completion.
- Represent System Test in design reviews and customer meetings.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives.
- Generate and review technical proposals, and provide estimates for the associated effort, costs and risks, for bids and proposals, leading to contract awards.
- Work closely with project management and engineering project leads to create proposals that drive down project costs and increase margin.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Significant experience and a full understanding of Systems Test Engineering and Systems Test events.
- Significant experience of developing Systems Test artefacts and achieving a compliant systems design.
- Experience in writing high quality technical documentation and the formal technical review of such material.
- Experience of DOORS, SysML and automated test tools.
- Experience of EMC and TEMPEST qualification testing, and working with external test houses.
If this role is of interest please click the apply button and we will always contact you initially to discuss the full details before looking to submit an application on your behalf.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement