Scale 4 Learning Support Assistant
Classroom Support Staff - Required for January 2019
Scale 4 Learning Support Assistant –Salary £17,092 to £18,536
(Also available - temporary positions - to cover maternity)
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced classroom support staff to join our outstanding school. The new contracts will commence in January 2019 – date to be confirmed.
Castlebar is an ‘Outstanding’ Special School for primary aged children with moderate to complex learning difficulties. The school is also the lead school for the Ealing Primary Teaching School Alliance. We are very proud of our achievements, but more than anything we are very proud of the children we are privileged to work with.
Please ensure that you read the Job Description and Person Specification so that you can establish that you meet the requirements for these posts. The recruitment pack containing the Job description and personal specification is available for download from TES via a link on the school website.
All applicants will be required to complete an application form (CVs will not be accepted). You should use the personal statement section of the application to show clear evidence of how you meet the essential requirements stated in the person specification. You should also use the personal statement to show your suitability for the post and what you will bring to the role.
To be considered you will:
- Have at least 3 years experience of working with children who have special needs
- Have good written and verbal communications skills and be numerate (to be tested)
- Have achieved NVQ qualification (level 2 or 3 minimum) or its equivalent level
- Be able to work as a team, yet use your own initiative
- Be prepared to work with children who may have challenging behaviours.
Ideally candidates will also have:
- Developed skills in differentiated learning a multisensory techniques
- Developed skills and/or have training in structured teaching approaches e.g. TEACCH/SCERTs
- Developed skills and/or have training in motivational behaviour approaches
- The deadline for applications is 10th January 2019 - Interview dates to be confirmed
Castlebar is committed to Safeguarding Children - all candidates will require an Enhanced DBS Clearance. Candidates who have lived or worked abroad may require an overseas police check and will be asked to provide a good conduct certificate.