Laboratory Support Technician
Laboratory Support Technician
Salary: £20k per annum
Benefits: Opportunity to progress in a thriving company, Free onsite parking, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Grade 2 Corporate benefits package upon successful completion of probationary period (usually 6 months) including Pension Scheme, Group Medical Insurance (excluding dental), Critical Illness Cover, Life Insurance and Optical Benefit
Hours: Full time
Our client is firmly established in the field of digital forensics and IT Security, providing services to a diverse range of clients. The company is one of the largest UK providers of these services and is significantly the largest single provider of digital forensic services to the law enforcement community.
They are proud to be at the forefront of UK digital forensic providers with regard to accreditation under ISO/IEC 17025 and continue to invest heavily in the maintenance and extension of our accreditation scope.
Their digital forensic laboratory now requires a full‐time Lab Support Technician to operate under the supervision of Operations Management. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and effective running of a busy digital forensic laboratory.
The successful candidate will be integral to the performance of the lab by actively delivering a high‐quality, professionally focused service, working closely with the digital forensic analysts ensuring that the lab can function to capacity.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Weekly preparation/maintenance of the laboratory environment
- Archiving of completed case investigation data
- Maintenance, testing and calibration of a wide range of digital forensic equipment
- Sustaining an effective and efficient working environment
- Stock control and resourcing
- Exhibit receipt and dispatch
- First‐line IT support
Required Skills and Experience:
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Above average technical/computer/digital ability
- Ability to manage a challenging workload
- Understanding of the digital forensics’ environment, relevant accreditations and standards
- Ability to be part of a close‐knit team yet work independently when required
- Above average written and oral communication skills
- Full UK driving license
- Unimpeachable integrity
Security Clearance: Due to the nature of the role and our work, applicants will be required to be DBS checked and also NPPV‐ 3, SC Cleared, National Crime Agency and Metropolitan Police security vetted, therefore all applicants must be currently and permanently resident in the UK and have been continuously for at least 5 years. Any cautions, convictions or financial issues will result in SC Clearance being denied
If you feel you are the ideal candidate APPLY today!
Keywords: Digital, Forensic, Analyst, Analytical, Forensics, Digital analyst, Forensic analyst, Hacking, Hacker, Software Analyst, Forensics, Technical Analyst, Technical Hacks, Digital Analyst, Data carving, Digital Forensic, Commercial Casework, Support, Technical Support, Laboratory Support Technician.