Senior Backend Web Developer
Who We Are
Since 2011, Ingresso, an accesso company, has been changing the way tickets are sold through our proprietary global distribution solution and white-label eCommerce booking engine. Our technology was the first to connect directly to every venue-based ticketing system across the West End, processing over 7.2 million in tickets totalling over £375 million. Today, Ingresso powers such sites as Wicked and Ticketmaster Theatre. Through continued innovation and custom integrations, our goal is to become the largest ticket marketplace that provides a seamless experience for our clients, guests, and distributors.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in running large-scale web projects and an understanding of software architecture, API development, and infrastructure considerations to join our small team. We still have a large legacy Objective-C code base which needs to be actively developed to ensure we move fast. We need someone who is prepared to get stuck in to whatever is needed to get the job done. You will have in-depth knowledge of at least one of the languages used in our stack and an interest in helping our team shape the software we build with your expertise and understanding. The position involves interesting challenges including proposing and building internal APIs, ensuring high transactional throughput, and simplifying the system to prepare our current platform for client growth. We expect you to recommend improvements to our architecture, and to offer solutions using modern tools and development practices. You will need to be able to work closely with others in the development team, product management, and others in the business. Our infrastructure is a mixture of on-premises for our legacy systems and a Kubernetes platform running in GKE, so any experience with system administration and infrastructure development, or a willingness to get involved, will be a plus.
- Developing our public API and recommending improvements based on your experience with other APIs
- Supporting and advising on our migration from a monolithic architecture to a microservices architecture. It is important you have experience with a modern services-based architecture running at scale
- Architecting and developing new services and products, in consultation with our operations and sales teams, which may be exposed to customers via public APIs or internal service APIs
- For our backend services, we use a mixture of Python and Go, with our legacy application written in Objective C
- Our stack runs on Kubernetes in GKE, with a legacy system running on-premises on FreeBSD
- We use CI pipelines to test our code and build deployment images, and are looking to expand that capability with full CI/CD with a service mesh
- Experience architecting and building backend applications, end to end
- Experience delivering high-scale low latency applications
- Strong database and SQL knowledge
Nice To Have:
- DevOps experience
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience in startup environments and agile-like development
Perks & Benefits:
- We are part of a larger ticketing company, accesso, with a generous health insurance and pension scheme.
- You will be given a new MacBook Pro or other laptop/OS of your choice.
- We have free fruit, Friday afternoon beers, and often free tickets to West End shows and other entertainment.
- accesso full-time employees benefit from unlimited Udemy courses as part of our global learning culture.
This position will be located in our main Ingresso office in London, W6.
We are unable to sponsor work permits at this time, therefore all candidates must be authorized to work in the UK.
accesso is a drug-free company.
This is a full-time, permanent position. No contractors please
If you are interested in joining a team who values Passion, Commitment, Teamwork, Innovation and Integrity and what we’ve described above is YOU, then apply today and let’s talk!