A Financial Accountant is required for a 6-12 month Fixed Term Contract with a Government Agency based in London.
This is an opportunity to work for a high profile government agency in London. As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for managing the preparation of the financial statement, quarterly accounts and ad hoc reporting, including leading on the annual review of accounting policies.
- Manage the preparation of the financial statement, quarterly accounts and ad hoc reporting, including leading on the annual review of accounting policies
- Maintain sound systems of internal control
- Support the development of improvements to financial processes and controls
- Liaise with internal and external audit, providing support to the Audit and Risk Committee including drafting clear and concise reports, implementing audit recommendations arising from Internal Audit work
- Provide technical accounting advice within the finance team and to business areas as required
- Support the development and implementation of financial systems processes and control improvements
- Support the delivery of taxation services on behalf of the organisation
You will have frequent interaction with Senior Stakeholders.
- Fully-qualified member of one of the five Consultative Committees of Accounting Bodies (CCAB), i.e. ACCA, CIPFA, ICAEW, ICAI or ICAS or a European/International equivalent
- Significant experience of financial reporting to UK GAAP standards
- Track record of building strong relationships with a broad range of internal and external organisations, partners and stakeholders
- An ability and willingness to grow and develop within the role
- Salary of £40,000-£48,000
- Generous annual leave and employer pension contribution
- Flexibility to work from home and general drive for work-life balance
Financial Accountant - Government Agency - London