Children's home registered manager
K&T Care North West Ltd provide high-quality therapeutic care for children and young people from 8 years to 18 years with emotional, behavioural and developmental difficulties.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Registered Manager in a new home in Denton, Greater Manchester.
We have a strong commitment to safeguarding our young people and staff. The company promotes a culture of openness and honesty to protect and safeguard and this is something that you must share.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role will predominantly be a Monday - Friday 9am until 5pm however you may be required to work flexible/ additional hours as per the needs of the business and the young people we care for.
· Responsible for 1 children’s home (8-18years).
· Responsible for providing a high quality of care in line with the Children’s home Regulations and Quality Standards.
· Managing, motivating and developing your staff team.
· Building and maintaining appropriate positive relationships with young people, outside agencies/ professionals and colleagues.
· Managing conflict with positive outcomes
· Following company policies and procedures
· Understanding of attachment and trauma in relation to young people
· A commitment to personal development and the acquisition of professional skills and further qualifications
· Participating in ‘On-Call-Manger’ Rota and take calls out of hours.
· To contribute to the development of the Company as a whole
· To receive training appropriate to the role and maintain an up to date training profile
· To maintain up to date knowledge of the statutory and procedural framework for residential care and communicate this to staff as appropriate.
· NVQ Level 5 Management qualification is essential
· Driving License
· Childcare legislation and Safeguarding knowledge
· Understanding the different needs of complex children and young people
· Ability to manage challenging behaviour in a positive way
· 2 years of recent experience as a registered manager in an Ofsted registered children’s home (desirable).
In return you can expect the following benefits:
· Constant training and development
· Competitive salary
· Career progression with a growing company
· Professional supervision and ongoing support.
We believe that every single person in our care has a personal best, and we are committed to helping them achieve it.