Linux System Administrator
IT Systems Administrator with minimum of 5 years experience
Due to our continued expansion, an experienced IT team member is required by leading Technology Company in Bedford. Our client is the UK market leaders in mobile workforce management solutions, incorporating service management, scheduling, task management, and business process and location monitoring. As IT Systems team member you will provide second level support, covering a large number of applications and systems, user administration and escalation of issues within the team.
Main key skills that need to be displayed are as follows; to provide support for all system and remote access solutions; proficient, accurate keyboard skills and good knowledge of Linux operating systems and databases; Basic phone system management; Maintain existing and deploy new desktop systems as required; Assist with the proactive management of the IT infrastructure including the monitoring of server systems, antivirus and backup solutions; Identify possible issues and escalate to senior systems support if necessary; Escalate recurring and major incidents to relevant senior support staff working closely with second line technicians and systems engineers; Follow department procedures and processes for key administration tasks as required.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to work within an IT service desk environment
- Must have Linux Admin / Linux Server experience
- A good understanding of Windows operating systems, client-server networks and Microsoft Office applications is required
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Technology Stack
- Windows server roles (IIS, DNS, DHCP, File services, Print services etc.)
- Basic understanding of network technologies
- Experience with backup technologies and techniques
- An ability to learn within a challenging and demanding environment
- Have good interpersonal skills within a demanding and challenging environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Can do attitude