Automation Test Analyst / Software Tester
Affecto Recruitment are proud to partner with The Floow, a world-renowned telematics company based in Sheffield. Following a period of rapid growth and success they are looking to double its technical workforce over the coming months and as such Affecto are keen to speak to Test Analysts, ideally with automation experience and who share The Floow's enthusiasm for technology.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At The Floow, we see something special where others see mobile phones. We see tools with the power to tell us so much more about ourselves than we could ever hope to know otherwise. Tools equipped with a wide array of rich sensors such as Accelerometers, GPS and Gyroscopes. And we value the talents of those whose calling it is to unlock their deepest mysteries.
ABOUT THE QA TEAM
At The Floow, the Quality Assurance team is a critical part of the build and release process for any product or service we create. The Floow's Telematics products collect data from a variety of devices, present it back to the consumer and using a number of media, and provide a rich array of bespoke analytic services to our clients. This is all meticulously tested and signed off by our skilled Quality Assurance team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
As a member of the Test Team you will be expected to test both new and established products, work with clients during UAT and develop full testing plans.
You will be responsible for ensuring the excellence of our products and services at release. Our clients require a high standard of quality when our solutions are deployed. This means extensive testing across multiple devices, complexity of app functionality, both when static and also when in motion. We regard the success of this team as critical to the success of our business.
* Your attention to detail is bordering on the obsessive and you want to ensure any product released is as good as it can be.
* You feel compelled to test every feature and function for both the expected and unexpected.
* You are an authority on current technology, up-to-date with the latest popular software and hardware in the market.
* You appreciate the need for good documentation throughout the testing process.
* You are at home working in an Agile fashion, deploying rapidly, collaborating closely, making pragmatic decisions, and have no problem adapting to rapidly evolving specifications.
* You aren't afraid to break new ground, and tackle problems that may not have been solved by anyone before you.
* Attention to detail
* Proven ability to learn quickly
* Ability to work individually and as part of a team
* Problem Solving skills
* Good communication skills/Ability to work with different teams or types of people
* Ability to multi-task/work on several projects at once
* Knowledge of software development life cycle
* Strong team worker experience and ethic
* Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work in an agile development team
* Proactive and self-motivated
* Good communicator
* Flexible and responsible attitude to work in order to achieve objectives
* Ability to work against critical timescales
* Desirable Skills (An Added Advantage)
* Automation testing knowledge/experience
* Knowledge of mobile technology
* Exposure to different types of testing/Varied testing experience
* Exposure to different software development methodologies
* ISEB/ISTQB Foundation level qualification
* You'll have an opportunity to take a key role in a fast-growing QA team, shaping the final form of a rapidly evolving technology gaining relevance at an accelerated pace
* You'll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you bring to evolve an existing software infrastructure and take it to the next level
* You'll be able to work closely with key players in the growing field of UBI (Usage Based Insurance), as well as other clients in the automotive and other industries
* The position advertised is a permanent role, with remuneration based upon experience
* We offer both Bonus and Pension schemes for all employees as well as 21 days' holiday
* You'll be working in our Sheffield City Centre location which has good public transport links and car parking.
* You'll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and relaxed environment.
Please note that all direct and third party applications for this Automation Test Analyst / Software Tester opportunity will be directed to Affecto Recruitment for review.
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.