Mid-level DevOps Engineer Financial Services
Mid-level DevOps Engineer (Financial Services)
My client is a fresh spin-out of a large financial service branch with a renewed, energised DevOps focus. They need a pacesetter with commercial FS experience, focusing on a spread of missions; pioneering the way the firm adopts modern / best practice.
If you a serious engineer with IaaS familiarity and serious approach to supporting production services, then this is the role you want. The Mid-level DevOps Engineer position is available right now and the recruitment process is very smooth.
Candidates with an interest in the development community and a focus on extra-curricular technological pursuits are strongly encouraged to apply; the firms’ culture encourages these pursuits.
Mid-level DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Build and Administer instances and services in the cloud for Development, QA, and Production environments
- Script, test and deploy new versions of environments and target infrastructures
- Support development across various projects to satisfy their day to day needs
- Study and implement new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance
- Exploring new trends and technologies for DevOps methodologies (including Agile best practices)
- Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts
- Create documentation of current and newly implemented environments with associated troubleshooting steps
Mid-level DevOps Engineer qualifications & skills:
- Familiarity with some of the following:
- Python, R, Java, Linux
- Amazon Cloud Solutions and architectures (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, RDS, CloudWatch, SES, and SQS), hands-on experience would be greatly desired
- Azure Cloud Solutions and architectures (Windows VM’s, Web Apps, SQL Database, Document Store, BI stack, Virtual Network, Azure AD)
- Continuous integration and source control (TeamCity / Bamboo / Jenkins, Git / Stash)
- Basic software development skills/experience, scripting experience a bonus
- Security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI)
- A strong technical foundation in enabling agile build, release and environment management
This opportunity won’t last. As a Mid-level DevOps Engineer, you and this team will be able to contribute to strategy and direction of the firm’s IaaS plan; get in touch now. How else are you going to get this great opportunity and work with such a talented team?
The role has a lot of potential and you will be rubbing shoulders and working with some of the most talented industry people out there. Not to mention the scope of the projects. I can’t say too much more, but if you’re genuinely interested in taking the next big step in your career (training, development, delivery) then this is the firm you want to be working with!
Now, we could wait until I find you, but how about you just find me? You can call me on (+44) or email me on and we can discuss in more detail.
Mid-level DevOps Engineer
Salary: £45,000 - £62,000 and excellent benefits / equity
Contact: Dan Hopchet