A key member of the finance team, this is a varied role including:
- Providing a commercially focussed management accounting function to services which contributes to the final accounts process.
- Calculating services budget requirements and assisting them in finding efficiencies and generating additional income, through becoming more commercial.
- Ensuring sound budgetary management through challenge and quality variance analysis to aid strategic decision making.
- Supporting the services with project work and business cases as required, identifying areas for growth or cessation to maximise the use of resources in non-statutory functions.
- Ensuring that business cases are financially sound and reflect commercial realities.
- Identifying and promoting cost reduction and income generation strategies within individual services and throughout the organisation.
- Investigating discrepancies and reporting of revenue budgets and variances to both senior managers and directors.
- Ensuring that capital requirements to deliver services are included within the Capital Strategy and Budget, working with the Capital and Management Accountant to achieve this.
Candidates will ideally be qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or have relevant experience. Keen to be part of a focused team. The role offers an attractive salary and progression.