Junior Claims Operations Assistant
We would like to hear from a first/second jobber for this new opportunity with an expanding City based Insurer. This is a varied role that will provide solid training and exposure to Claims and working as part of a small, close team you will be involved in the process from day one.
Duties entailed in the role will include:
- Claims technical and administrative support
- Accurately enter data into company systems to enable precise reporting on the nature and financial impact of the claims portfolio
- Monitor the claims portal system and liaise with the Technical claims team to action as appropriate to ensure portal compliance
- Process claims payments and other financial movements in accordance with internal standards
- Undertake claims credit control function
- Support claims fund set up and reconciliation
- Liaise with other business units and external providers to resolve queries as necessary
- Provide general administrative support for file management and archiving whilst communicating effectively and professionally with both internal and external parties, ensuring confidentiality of all communication whether written, verbal or by electronic media
- Support the maintenance and updating of claims manuals and other procedure documents
- Assist with the documentation, maintenance and monitoring of compliance and governance initiatives
- Proactively participate in projects or other initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the claims operation
- Undertake any other tasks as requested by the Claims Operations Manager in order that the team achieves its objectives.
Specific Job Related Skills & Competencies:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Competent user of Excel & Word
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable with phone & face to face discussions with underwriters & other technical colleagues
- Able to organise own workload effectively to meet service standards
- Deadline focused; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good systems knowledge, experience of using systems to interrogate data.
- Basic understanding of insurance and the terminologies used.