Studio & Data Manager Assistant
The Work Shop is pleased to be working with our client in Ringwood who are looking for a Studio and Data Manager Assistant to join their expanding team.
All manner of Studio Design work for magazine and catalogue publications. Working on adverts and marketing items, preparing and checking data for company catalogues using in-house database, scanning and assisting editorial personnel.
- Create and amend customer advertising artwork.
- Produce page proofs of all advert pages and liaise with the Advertising Department to make sure all adverts are up to standard and we have everything in on time.
- Produce press ready PDFs.
- Upload pages to printers’ website
- Carry out OCR scanning of stock items, including stamps, photographs illustrations, etc. As required, to the highest standards.
- Input the scanned data into a database in accordance with the company’s instructions.
- Using scripts to insert information into XML/InDesign, making all corrections written on the proofs.
- Creating catalogue pages, inserting adverts, proofing to relevant people, making press ready pdfs, ensuring all corrections are done back to the original data.
- Retain records of all images/data and file them in an appropriate system for efficient and easy retrieval.
- Proof and edit data accurately.
- Prepare catalogue material for print output utilising DTP systems.
- Knowledge of DTP packages
- Experience in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, InCopy
- STEP Digital Asset Management system (by Stibo Systems)- advantageous
- Design and layout skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong IT and keyboard skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
As Studio and Data Assistant you will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and organised. You will be a good communicator and able to work to tight deadlines.